Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Touch of life

I was sitting in the living room just blindly staring at the television not knowing what i'm looking at. Just when i'm about to go out and have a walk around loosening up my limbs, a pour of rain sueddenly gush down the sky. Feeling tired n bored with damp floor caused by the sudden change of temperature, i was lazy to get out of the chair with one of my leg lifted up on another chair. The air becomes cold and wet. Every breeze that blew towards me felt like threads of strings sliding across the skin and makes the chill down the spine.

Peeping and moving slowly at the door that connect the living room and the dining room was my pregnant cat. Kinda of stalking in a way as if she was trying to catch a mouse, she looked at me. Then she stop. Counting the clock tick i waited. There was something in her mind or something she had her eyes on but i do not know what, well at least not yet. Then all of a sudden, hop hop and a hop she jump onto my lap and look straight into my eyes. It did not startled me but i was very impressed by her agility and flexibility.

I put my hand on her head and patted her. Her fur was cold. The heat from my palm warm her body and she sat down with a look on her face that tells me that she was comfortable. She was tired by the look on her face and within a minute, she was already sleeping. I put my hand on her belly and continued staring at the idiot box with blank thoughts. It was then by chance, i felt it!!!!

A push, a small movement, like a finger pushing from behind her belly, it was so light i wouldn't have notice it if i was moving, i felt her kittens move. It was then my conciousness came back to me. Wow!!! This is incredible. Though i did not move from my chair, deeply i was very excited bout what i had experienced. It was a moment so worth remembering.

It happen just the day before and guess what??? Just yesterday, it already gave birth. How many kittens i do not know. But i'm glad she hopped on to my lap the day before. Now, i will wait for another 2 weeks for the kittens to open their eyes and come out to see the world... :)

~~~

No comments: